Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of the White Lady Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mosby Palantiri

re: Draigoch Raid

Greetings, allies!

The dragon raid is fairly easy, quite fun, and very rewarding. Scales and recipes for the new (really nice) cloaks drop. Helm and Shoulders for the Rohan-rep armor sets drop. Lots of runes, settings, and teal jewelry.

Although we well need 2 or 3 people who know certain aspects of the raid, the rest can be first-timers. It's key to have someone who knows the tunnels well (I'm getting there). A tank who knows all phases of the fight is essential. A burg (preferably with the FMs) is required (I can do that part for sure).

I've done it in a PUG in well under an hour. A really strong, experienced group can do it in less than 15 minutes.

There's very little prep. There are a few pre-reqs (starting in Nar's Peak I think), but they only take 10 minutes or so. You don't need any curative pots or soups - just the usual power and morale pots, and some scrolls and tokens. It does help having lots or morale - so +morale food is good, and any gear or traits you can equip for morale will help. You want at least 5k.

Here's a guide for those who want to read about it in advance - but if you don't want the spoiler, just skip it - you can definitely have fun and learn as you go on this one.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/lotro/guides/misc/draigoch

ps. Herbegar, can you post this on your calendar?

pps. Sorry for the double-post, can someone please delete the other one?
Herbegar
Officer

Thanks for inviting us, J! I've posted it on the calendar for 1/21... hopefully that's the run that KWLers are invited to join

I'll be on a plane, so I'm afraid I'll miss it, but I'm looking forward to checking it out sooner or later. I hope a few KWLers will go along... everyone, Mosby's a great leader, so this is a good chance to build your skills! Have fun!
Mosby Palantiri

Oops, sorry I forgot the date and time LOL!

Yes, Saturday 1/21 is right. I'll start invites at 7:30, but we won't head in until 8-ish. Thanks!

Backup date is Friday 1/27, if we don't get enough on Saturday.
Calafalas
CalafalasKWL
Officer

Mosby how do you want us to sign up/reserve our slot?
Tal (Troy)

I would go with my lore-master but Friday and Saturday nights are the only nights of the week that don't work for me. I have gone on one successful Draigoch raid with allies and had a blast! Good luck with your raid!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
VanJSR

I would LOVE to go to this on my 73 (soon to be 75) Warden, but unfortunately, I have work until 5PM PST on Saturday and wouldn't get home until approximately 5:30PM. If it gets switched to Friday night, would I be able to get notified?

Thank you!
Aelryd/Aimeric

Hi Mosby - I signed up for the raid - Aimeric lvl 75 Minstrel - never done the raid but I promise to read up on it before going.

The Palantiri/KWL Alliance did a great job taking Draigoch down on our 2nd try! Great healing Aimeric! Thanks for joining is Toot, Cal, and Bear!

We had 3 scales, 3 symbols, and 4 armor pieces drop. Let's do it again Happy

This one will be on Friday night (1/27, 8pm) to mix it up a bit, and also because I'll be out drinking on Saturday to pretend I'm not turning 50. :P

The dragon raid is fairly easy, quite fun, and very rewarding. Scales and recipes for the new (really nice) cloaks drop. Helm and Shoulders for the Rohan-rep armor sets drop. Lots of runes, settings, and teal jewelry.

Estimated time - 1-2.5 hours, probably pretty close to 90 min.

There's very little prep. There are a few pre-reqs (starting in Nar's Peak I think), but they only take 10 minutes or so. You don't need any curative pots or soups - just the usual power and morale pots, and some scrolls and tokens. It does help having lots or morale - so +morale food is good, and any gear or traits you can equip for morale will help.

Preference will be given to characters with at least 5k morale, unbuffed. I'll reserve at least 3 spots for KWL. We'll start invites
at 7:45, and fill any openings we have after 8.

Here's a guide for those who want to read about it in advance - but if you don't want the spoiler, just skip it - you can definitely have fun and learn as you go on this one.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Aelryd/Aimeric

Forum Image
"Waist-deep in a pile of gold"

Draigoch has fallen! I had a great time with Mosby and his people. Celery was main group healer and I was with the tank. I died right off as we started. This taught me some good lessons in positioning and max range healing. The great thing about the instance is that you practice the same thing again and again so you quickly get good at it. Another lesson learned - when near those nasty claws do not leave the ball of the group...(thanks for the cappy ic-rez!)

I won the token for the helmet, a crafting scroll (scholar), a nice light armour chest piece (which unfortunately makes me look like a runekeeper!), a worn symbol and some great learning experience.

Let me know if there is a woodworker-crafted legendary item you'd like made with that symbol.
TootJollyhopper

New Raid for 1/27 is on the calendar. Only 3 spots are reserved, more may become available, but sign up early.
Mosby Palantiri

We have 7 sign-ups, plus a experience tank ally who will go with us if we need him. So there should be 4 or 5 spots open for KWL, any classes. Another burg and captain would be nice.

Also for those who care, here's how I plan to handle the loot:

We'll all roll once, and pick an item based on that order. 3 scales will count as one item. (Any extra scales will be held in "escrow" until our next run, so we can always give out 3.) I'll open any recipe scrolls before we roll, so you'll know which craft it's for.

Once everyone has an item, we'll cycle back through the list backwards (so: 1,2,3... 3,2,1). So even if you're 12th, you should get a couple of decent items.
TootJollyhopper

Mosby we currently have 3 signed-up, including me(Burg), Americ(Mini), Bearminimum(Champ). I'll beat the bushes for a Captain.
TootJollyhopper

Mosby- We have a Mini, Champ, Burg, Guard/Hunter and a Captain signed up.
Mosby Palantiri

re: Draigoch, Take 3!

Great job again guys!

The Alliance did a great job taking Draigoch again! We had 5 scales (2 extra for next week!), 2 symbols, and 3 armor pieces drop. Let's do it again next Friday. We'll reserve 3 slots for KWL, and may have a few more as usual. (Bear gets preference, since he didn't get into this one.)

Estimated time - 1-2 hours, probably pretty close to 90 min.

There's very little prep. There are a few pre-reqs (starting in Nar's Peak I think), but they only take 10 minutes or so. You don't need any curative pots or soups - just the usual power and morale pots, and some scrolls and tokens. It does help having lots or morale - so +morale food is good, and any gear or traits you can equip for morale will help. Preference will be given to characters with at least 5k morale, unbuffed.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of the White Lady Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum